- Documentary Interview Signup
- Crew Members enroll in TALKINGPOINTS for text updates
- Crew Members Fill Out Info Sheet
- Crew Members Fill Out MCHS Club Member Form
- Crew Members Fill Out Clothing Request Form
- Pics from Durham Bulls Education Day
- Checkout our VR Experiences!
What is The Sports Block?
In 2007 when the podcasting boom happened, the Digital Media Department of Middle Creek High started to do something that no other high school in the state was doing, they created a play-by-play sports podcast led by students for students. Other schools were broadcasting sports radio programs but none were podcasting over the internet. When the very first iPhone was released sportsblock.net was already on the web. All a person had to do was use the phone’s browser and they could hear the podcast streamed to their device or subscribe to have the show downloaded from iTunes. In 2010, The Sports Block began to broadcast video live over the internet. Today, viewers can watch on any mobile device, any browser, or even their televisions. We have had viewers from all over the world watch our broadcasts. As time has gone on we have increased the complexity of our show adding animated graphics and instant replay. Want to know what The Sports Block really is? It’s students doing amazing things.
The Sports Block